Acupuncture Questions and Answers
Are you looking for an established medical clinic that offers phenomenal acupuncture treatment? If so, then look no further than TRUE Health Medical! Our acupuncturists would be happy to provide you with exceptional acupuncture treatment. We have two convenient locations to serve you in Gilbert, AZ. For more information, please call us or request an appointment online.
Dating back to ancient China, acupuncture is a therapy that has been in practice for thousands of years. There is a good reason why it has not been forgotten during this time, as it disrupts energy blockages in the body to improve blood flow, enhance wound healing and stimulate the immune system. By inserting ultra-thin needles at different points throughout the body, it induces a healing response that stimulates the body and promotes the proper function of internal systems. Acupuncture has both mental and physical benefits, and can treat a wide range of conditions, from depression and anxiety to allergies and high blood pressure.
Why should I see an acupuncturist?
There are several reasons why you should see an acupuncturist, as they offer a long list of health benefits, such as:
- Promotes relaxation and decreases feelings of anxiety/depression
- Helps improve sleep and combat insomnia
- Boosts energy levels and fight fatigue
- Decreases musculoskeletal pain and promotes tissue recovery by:
- signaling the body to release pain moderating chemicals
- increasing blood flow to surrounding tissue to increase the healing process
- stimulating the body’s release of natural anti-inflammatories
- stimulating the body’s immune system to promote healing
- Treats headaches, reducing the need to take over-the-counter painkillers
- Improves mood and overall feelings of wellness
- Boosts the immune system, reducing the rate of sickness
- Helps improve digestion and promotes good digestive health
- Helps with disorders related to menstruation and menopause
- Helps maintain good overall health
How often should you have acupuncture treatments?
The number of treatments needed—as well as the frequency of visits—will vary from patient to patient depending on their specific needs. It is often recommended to receive several treatments within close succession to help jumpstart the body’s response for the particular health issue being treated. For example, it may be suggested to receive an acupuncture treatment two or three times a week for the first several weeks.
After the initial series of acupuncture treatments, sessions are needed less frequently, as they are only needed to maintain healthy results. During the initial visit, our acupuncturist will develop a treatment plan that is focused on addressing each patient’s individual needs.
How does acupuncture relieve pain?
Acupuncture relieves pain by inducing the body’s natural healing response. It is proven to be an effective form of pain relief for the following chronic pain conditions:
How long do the effects of acupuncture last?
The longevity of effects of acupuncture depend on several factors, including:
- The condition being treated
- The severity of the condition
- The area of the body affected
- How the patient responds to treatment
Based on these factors, the effects of acupuncture can last anywhere between a week to several months. Some patients receive acupuncture treatments on a weekly basis, some on a monthly, and some just a few times a year; it all depends on their individual needs and their desired results.
If you are looking for a trusted and established acupuncture clinic, come to TRUE Health Medical today. Our kind and compassionate professionals are experienced in treating a wide number of conditions with acupuncture and can help you find relief from your pain. We have two locations in Gilbert, AZ to serve you better: Call (480) 933-7164 too book an appointment at our Val Vista office, or visit us at 4828 S Val Vista Dr, Gilbert, AZ 85298; Call (480) 933-7036 to book an appointment at our Baseline office, or visit our convenient location at 3303 E Baseline Rd #204, Gilbert, AZ 85234. We serve patients from Gilbert AZ, Chandler AZ, Queen Creek AZ, Sun Lakes AZ, Mesa AZ, Sacaton AZ, and Apache Junction AZ. Looking forward to serve you!